Change SMSF Trustee (Cleardocs deed)
|Change SMSF Trustee (Cleardocs deed)|
+ Optional printing, binding and delivery for $ 49.50
|START A NEW ORDER|
You can use Cleardocs to change the existing trustees of an SMSF. This package can be used when the SMSF has an underlying Cleardocs trust deed. Cleardocs has more than one type of Change SMSF Trustee document package.
This package covers the following scenarios for change of trustee:
- replace individual trustees with a corporate trustee;
- replace a corporate trustee with individual trustees;
- replace a corporate trustee with another corporate trustee;
- remove individual trustees;
- retire individual trustees; and
- add individual trustees.
Creating your Change of Trustee documents through Cleardocs is easy. Once you complete the question interface, you will immediately receive a link to download your documents. It takes about 10 minutes.
Legal sign-off: All Cleardocs master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
General Information for your Change SMSF Trustee (Cleardocs deed)
What documents are included in the Cleardocs package?
You will receive all of the documents required to record the changes being made:
- Change of Trustee Deed;
- Trustee consent forms;
- ATO Trustee Declaration Form;
- Application to become a Member; and
- Trustee minutes.
If the change is from a corporate trustee to individual trustees or from individual trustees to a corporate trustee then:
- the Change of Trustee Deed tailors the SMSF's existing trust deed to the new structure as well as updating the fund's deed to the latest version of the Cleardocs deed; and
- the document package includes the new version of the fund's trust deed.
What information do you need to order Change SMSF Trustee (Cleardocs deed) through Cleardocs?
You can download our checklist of the information required to order Change SMSF Trustee here.
What is the difference between the Cleardocs Change SMSF Trustee packages?
Does the Fund require an underlying Cleardocs trust deed?
Is the package suitable to replace a deceased trustee?
Change SMSF Trustee (Cleardocs deed)
Change SMSF Trustee (non-Cleardocs deed)
We pre-populate your answers ... saving you time
To use this document package, the SMSF must have an underlying Cleardocs trust deed. To make it easier for you, we'll use the information from your last update to SMSF (or SMSF set up) to pre-fill some of the questions in the Change of Trustee interface. So the whole process should take only about 10 minutes.
Do the retiring trustees need to be available to sign documents?
Yes, you will need a different Deed of Variation if the people who are no longer going to be a trustee are not available to sign the documents. If they are no longer alive, Maddocks can provide you with a quote to prepare these documents. Please call us on 1300 307 343 to arrange a quote from Maddocks.
Changing to a corporate trustee?
If you are changing the trustees of your fund from individuals to a corporate trustee and you don't yet have a company, then you can register a company with Cleardocs for $600.50. The registration is completely online and can be done in about 20 minutes — click here to find out more.
Cleardocs SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package — keeping proper records
Cleardocs offers a range of SMSF meeting Minutes and circulating Resolutions for administration of a fund, here. It costs $66.00 including GST for your Fund's first Minute or Resolution. Your SMSF then has unlimited use of the SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package for 12 months.
If you purchase your Fund's 12 months unlimited use of the SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package when you change the trustee of your SMSF through Cleardocs, you will receive a 15% discount on the package (that is, you pay only $56.10 rather than the usual price of $66).
Seek legal advice
The Change SMSF Trustee information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Frequently Asked Legal Questions for Change SMSF Trustee
- Is the Change SMSF Trustee package suitable for an SMSF that has become a sole member/sole trustee fund because the second member/trustee has died and needs to be replaced?
- Is the Change SMSF Trustee package suitable for when the SMSF has a member who is under 18 years old?
- Is the Change of Trustee — death suitable for when a director of the corporate trustee has passed away?
- Should I use the Change SMSF Trustee package when a fund member turns 18?
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.