SMSF Change of Trustee
Change the existing trustees of an SMSF. This package can be used when the SMSF does not have an underlying Cleardocs trust deed. Have a Cleardocs Trust deed? Then use Change SMSF Trustee(Cleardocs deed) document package.
This package covers the following scenarios for change of trustee:
- replace individual trustees with a corporate trustee;
- replace a corporate trustee with individual trustees;
- replace a corporate trustee with another corporate trustee;
- remove individual trustees;
- retire individual trustees; and
- add individual trustees.
Time taken to complete 15 minutes.
Cost $ 220.00 (inc GST)
Printing Optional printing, binding and delivery for $ 55.00
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What documents are included in the Cleardocs package?
You will receive all of the documents required to record the changes being made:
- Change of Trustee Deed;
- Trustee consent forms;
- ATO Trustee Declaration Form;
- Application to become a Member; and
- Trustee minutes.
If the change is from a corporate trustee to individual trustees or from individual trustees to a corporate trustee then:
- the Change of Trustee Deed tailors the SMSF's existing trust deed to the new structure as well as updating the fund's deed to the latest version of the Cleardocs deed; and
- the document package includes the new version of the fund's trust deed.
What information do you need to order Change SMSF Trustee (non-Cleardocs deed) through Cleardocs?
You can download our checklist of the information required to order a Change SMSF Trustee.
The fund does not require an underlying Cleardocs deed
To use this document package, the SMSF does not require an underlying Cleardocs trust deed. We strongly recommend that you update to the latest version of the Cleardocs deed — this is to make sure that the fund's deed has the relevant powers.
You can update the SMSF's deed to a Cleardocs deed — or to the latest version of the Cleardocs deed — for $121.00.
If you do not want to update to the latest Cleardocs deed, you must seek legal advice about the suitability of the document package for the fund's circumstances to ensure that the deed contains a standard appointment power and a standard deed variation power.
What is the difference between the Cleardocs Change SMSF Trustee packages?
Does the Fund require an underlying Cleardocs trust deed?
Is the package suitable to replace a deceased trustee?
Change SMSF Trustee (Cleardocs deed)
Change SMSF Trustee (non-Cleardocs deed)
Changing to a corporate trustee?
If you are changing the trustees of your fund from individuals to a corporate trustee and you don't yet have a company, then you can register a company with Cleardocs for $ 625.50. The registration is completely online and can be done in about 20 minutes.
Cleardocs SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package — keeping proper records
The Cleardocs SMSF meeting Minutes and circulating Resolutions package helps with the administration of a fund. It costs $66.00 (incl GST) — your SMSF then has unlimited use of the SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package for 12 months.
If you purchase your Fund's 12 months unlimited use of the SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package when you change your SMSF trustee through Cleardocs, you will receive a 15% discount.
Cleardocs Investment Strategy — a framework for investment decisions
Superannuation law requires that you maintain and regularly review your SMSF investment strategy. Cleardocs provides an Investment Strategy package to assist with this obligation. It costs $66.00 (inc. GST) per order or you can purchase an 12 months subscription for $660.00 (inc. GST)
Seek legal advice
The Change SMSF Trustee information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- Full range of tailored change of trustee documents
- Includes copy function for address details - saving you typing
- Extensive online help and local phone support
- Easy to use question interface