The Cleardocs Shareholders Agreement records how the shareholders will operate the company and their relationship with each other. The Shareholders Agreement operates together with the proprietary limited company's Constitution.
Time taken to complete 10 minutes.
Cost $ 264.00 (inc GST)
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What documents are included in the Cleardocs package?
The Cleardocs Shareholders Agreement package includes:
- the Shareholders Agreement;
- Accession Deed — under which new shareholders become a party to the shareholders agreement;
- Minutes to enter into the shareholders agreement; and
- an Establishment Kit explaining what to do next.
What information do you need to order a Shareholders Agreement through Cleardocs?
You can download our checklist of the information required to order a Shareholders Agreement.
The company has a Constitution: why order a Shareholders Agreement?
Shareholders Agreements often cover similar matters to a Constitution however:
- provide more details on a range of issues, or deal with a range of scenarios, not commonly or comprehensively dealt with in a standard Constitution; and
- are implemented when the company's stakeholders are dealing at arm's length.
Specific matters dealt with in the Cleardocs Shareholders Agreement include:
- adopting and amending business plans;
- rights of shareholders to appoint board members;
- decision making by the board and shareholders; and
- transfer and disposal of shares.
What type of company is covered by the Shareholders Agreement?
This product is only suitable for a proprietary limited company.
As the shareholders agreement regulates the relationship between shareholders, the product is not required or suitable for a sole shareholder company. The product can be used later if another shareholder is introduced.
Cleardocs Constitution not required for Shareholders Agreement
To create a Shareholders Agreement, the company requires a Constitution however it does not require an underlying Cleardocs Constitution. Our lawyers at Maddocks have drafted the agreement so that it works together with your Constitution in a way that does not cause confusion.
If the company wishes to adopt a new Cleardocs Constitution, it can use the Change to Constitution document package.
Who needs to sign the Shareholders Agreement?
The shareholders agreement must be signed by the company and all of the shareholders.
In the event that all the parties are not able to sign the same document, the agreement can be executed in any number of counterparts, all of which taken together constitute one agreement.
For further information, you can read our FALQ about the rules surrounding signing of legal documents.
Seek legal advice
The Shareholders Agreement information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- Drafted to operate with your company Constitution
- More comprehensive than a buy/sell agreement
- The Cleardocs Shareholders Agreement is suitable for any proprietary limited company with 2 to 10 shareholders
- Includes copy function for address details - saving you typing
- Extensive online help and local phone support
- Easy to use question interface