Company Registration solutions
Small Business bundle$710.00
$231.00 Cleardocs fee inc. GST and $479.00 ASIC fee
Register your company and business name and receive all necessary documents to start your small business. ATO registrations included.
Family Trust Trustee bundle$825.50
$346.50 Cleardocs fee inc. GST and $479.00 ASIC fee
A comprehensive discretionary (family) trust set up solution. Corporate trustee ACN registration and all the trust documents and registrations your trust needs to get started.
SMSF Trustee bundle$842.00
$363.00 Cleardocs fee inc. GST and $479.00 ASIC fee
Set up your SMSF with a corporate trustee in one step and receive your fund's ABN, TFN, GST registrations and all the SMSF documents your fund needs to get started.
$137.50 Cleardocs fee inc. GST and $479.00 ASIC fee
Your ASIC proprietary limited ACN registration and 14 company set up documents essential for legal compliance and good governance.
Company Registration information
Register a company through Cleardocs and quickly receive your ASIC ACN certificate, a comprehensive company constitution and all your company set up documents. We are registered ASIC agents so the registration process is online. Cleardocs can also arrange your company's ABN, TFN and GST registrations.
Starting a new business or needing a corporate trustee? The Cleardocs Company Registration provides you with a proprietary limited company. Once you complete the question interface, you will receive:
- an ACN;
- company legal documents including:
- Certificate of Registration (or ACN);
- company Constitution;
- all other relevant company set up documents; and
- a link to your pre-filled Cleardocs order for ABN, TFN and GST registrations (optional extra).
Time taken to complete 20 minutes.
Cost $ 616.50 (inc GST) — Cleardocs fee $ 137.50 and the ASIC fee $ 479.00.
Optional cost $ 44.00 (inc GST) — for optional ABN/TFN/GST.
Printing Optional printing, binding and delivery for $ 55.00
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What documents are included in the Cleardocs package?
The Cleardocs Company Registrations package includes:
- Certificate of Registration - which shows the ACN (Australian Company Number), the date of registration, and the registered company name;
- Written confirmation of ABN registration (optional extra) received direct from the Australian Business Register;
- the company's Constitution;
- Consent to act as Director;
- Consent to act as Secretary;
- Application for shares;
- Minutes of a meeting of directors;
- Share Certificates;
- Consent to act as Public Officer;
- Notice of appointment of Public Officer; and
- an Establishment Kit explaining what to do next.
What information do you need to register a company through Cleardocs?
Our checklist outlines all the information you require.
What type of company can I register?
You can use Cleardocs to lodge the ASIC Form 201 "Application for registration as an Australian company" electronically for:
- a Pty Ltd company;
- an SMSF trustee only Pty Ltd company; or
- a not-for-profit Pty Ltd company.
If you want to set up your SMSF and register a SMSF trustee only company simultaneously, you can use the SMSF set up + register Corporate Trustee document package.
After you lodge the form through Cleardocs, you will receive the ACN by email immediately — and can download the Certificate of Registration, Constitution etc. from our site. See a full list of the documents you will receive here.
How long does ASIC take to register the company?
Normally 10 minutes.
We send you an email to confirm your ASIC status. Any problems? Call us on 1300 307 343 for assistance.
Choosing a company name
The ASIC system allows you to select any name that you would like for your company registration. Before registering the company through Cleardocs, please check the ASIC site to see if the name you want is taken.
What happens if the company registration is rejected?
If the name you want to register your company with is unavailable or ASIC has an issue with your application, then:
- ASIC will reject the application;
- we will send you an email explaining why the company registration has been rejected (you can also find details of the rejection under the heading "What's next?" on your "MyDocuments" page);
- you need to change your company name and resubmit the application to ASIC.
The lodging again is easy and free. You can always call us on 1300 307 343 to check things are ok.
An overview of some things to consider when registering an Australian company
You can download a guide to some of the issues you need to consider when registering a 'proprietary limited' company. This guide summarises some of the key requirements and processes for registering and running a company, and flags some important obligations for officeholders. (Please note that this guide does not apply to a company that is ONLY going to be the trustee of a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund)
SMSF Trustee only Pty Ltd company - a "Special purpose" company
You can use Cleardocs to register a company that will only be the trustee of a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) (and to do nothing else).
A special purpose company means that it pays a lower annual review fee to ASIC set up fees are the same.
Our company registration question interface will guide you if you wish to set up one of these companies. The Cleardocs system:
- provides a Constitution that is appropriate for a SMSF Trustee only company; and
- tells ASIC that the company is an "SMSF Trustee only company" (so your company pays a lower annual review fee to ASIC).
If you want to set up your SMSF and register a SMSF trustee only company in one easy process you can use the SMSF set up + register Corporate Trustee document package.
Not-for-profit company (including as trustee of an Ancillary Fund) - a "Special Purpose" company
You can use Cleardocs to register a company that is set up to pursue certain charitable purposes (and to do nothing else). The "not-for-profit" proprietary limited company is a "special purpose" company which pays a lower annual review fee to ASIC.
Our company registration question interface will guide you if you wish to set up one of these companies. The Cleardocs system then:
- provides a company Constitution appropriate for a not-for-profit company (and, if applicable, also a trustee of an Ancillary Fund); and
- tells ASIC that the company is " special purpose" (so that your company pays a lower annual review fee to ASIC).
Our frequently asked legal questions provides more information about charitable purposes.
ASIC annual statements and review fees
Soon after the anniversary of a company's registration date, ASIC issues to the company an annual statement and an invoice for the company's annual review fee. The ASIC website provides more detail.
Cleardocs Company Minutes and Resolutions Package – keeping proper records
The governing rules of a company and corporations law require it to keep proper records of meetings and directors' decisions. Cleardocs offers a range of company minutes and resolutions for successful administration of the company. It costs $77.00 including GST for your company's first Minute or Resolution. Your company then has unlimited use of the Company Minutes & Resolutions Package for 12 months.
If you purchase your company's 12 months unlimited use of the Company Minutes & Resolutions Package when you register your company through Cleardocs, you will receive a 15% discount on the package (that is, you pay only $65.45 rather than the usual price of $77.00).
A shelf company is a company that has not traded or had any activity. Providers of company registration services would often register companies and have them 'sitting on the shelf', ready for sale. These structures were useful when the ASIC registration process took weeks. Cleardocs is an ASIC registered software provider and can provide instant registration. We do not provide shelf companies.
Seek legal advice
The Company Registration information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- Includes copy function for address details - saving you typing
- Allows export of BGL CAS file
- Extensive online help and local phone support
- Lodgement with ASIC 24/7 using our electronic lodgement portal
- Full range of tailored company set up documents
- Simple process for ABN, TFN & GST applications
- Easy to use question interface
- Continue to business name registration