Superannuation Trust (SMSF)
Set up your self managed superannuation fund with Cleardocs and quickly receive all the documents you need. The trust deed is compliant with superannuation law and provides for borrowing and property investment. Use the SMSF trust deed favoured by thousands of SMSF professionals.
Time taken to complete15 minutes.
Cost $ 137.50 (inc. GST)
Printing Optional printing, binding and delivery for $ 49.50
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What documents are included in the Cleardocs SMSF trust package?
The SMSF document package includes:
- the SMSF Trust Deed — the Deed is customised to reflect whether the SMSF has an individual or corporate trustee;
- a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS);
- Certificate of Compliance for roll-over of member benefits, sometimes called the Rollover application letter;
- generic investment strategy (a specific investment strategy can be created using the SMSF Investment Strategy product).
- Consents for the Trustees, or directors of the corporate Trustee;
- Minutes to set up the SMSF and set its investment strategy;
- Applications, beneficiary notices and TFN notices for the SMSF members;
- ATO trustee declaration form; and
- an Establishment Kit explaining what to do next.
What information do you need to set up an SMSF through Cleardocs?
You can download our checklist of the information required to order a Superannuation Trust Deed (SMSF).
A quality SMSF deed
Our lawyers at Maddocks maintain the Cleardocs SMSF deed and the question interface. Changes to the deed are usually published in the monthly ClearLaw bulletin, including SMSF property changes, investment rule and investment strategy updates.
What version of the SMSF deed do I have?
Cleardocs allows you to see at a glance when your trust deed was created, what provisions it covers and what changes to the law have been made since purchase.
Our unique version control system provides many benefits.
With the legislation around Self Managed Superannuation Funds changing regularly, Cleardocs has developed an efficient update process.
Once you have a self managed super deed on our system, we will notify you via email of changes to the legislation or changes to our documents. We explain the changes and what they mean. You can then decide whether to update the SMSF deed. You may need legal, financial, or other advice about whether to update. We cannot give you that advice.
If you decide to update the deed, you can do so quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively using our Update SMSF trust deed product.
If you need to change your SMSF trustee you can use one of our Change SMSF Trustee document packages.
Set up your SMSF + register the SMSF corporate trustee simultaneously through Cleardocs
You can use the Cleardocs SMSF set up + register Corporate Trustee in one step — reducing time and streamlining invoices.
Lost trust deed?
Our lawyers at Maddocks can help if you have lost your trust deed. The service works as follows:
- Complete the normal Cleardocs $99.00 SMSF deed update process — but when the system asks you for the number of the clause in the SMSF's deed that allows the deed to be varied, you type in a #.
- Call us on 1300 307 343 and we will arrange for you to contact our lawyers at Maddocks. Maddocks will use your instructions and the documents you created through Cleardocs to prepare a special Deed of Variation and associated documents. Maddocks will charge you directly for this work.
Cleardocs SMSF Minutes and Resolutions Package — keeping proper records
The Cleardocs SMSF meeting Minutes and circulating Resolutions package helps with the administration of a fund. It costs $66.00 (inc. GST) your SMSF then has unlimited use of the SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package for 12 months.
If you purchase your Fund's 12 months unlimited use of the SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package when you set up your SMSF through Cleardocs, you will receive a 15% discount.
Apply for a Macquarie Cash Management Account
When using Cleardocs to set up an SMSF on behalf of your client, you have the option to initiate an application for a Macquarie Cash Management Account (CMA). To initiate an application, you order a Superannuation Trust (SMSF) document package and then on the interface, answer "Yes" to the question: "Do you want to initiate an application for a Macquarie Cash Management Account (CMA)?"
The Cleardocs system then:
- uses the information you entered on the interface to partially complete your client's CMA application; and
- submits the application to Macquarie electronically.
Macquarie will then contact you directly to finalise the application.
Auto-populate answers using your existing BGL account
Integration with BGL Simple Fund 360 allows you to pre-populate your Cleardocs orders with existing BGL fund information. In order to pre-populate your answers, start a new order on the Cleardocs website and then click on "Use details from BGL Simple Fund 360" when the question interface gives you the option to auto-populate your answers.
The Cleardocs system then:
- directs you to the BGL website to log in with your credentials and authorise Cleardocs to access your fund information;
- returns you to the Cleardocs interface and prompts you to choose your preferred BGL document fund from a drop down box; and
- pre-populated the interface with your BGL fund information.
For privacy reasons, Cleardocs does not have access to any of your BGL login details. BGL only provides Cleardocs with certain contact information.
Seek legal advice
The Superannuation Trust (SMSF) information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- Comprehensive and widely accepted SMSF trust deed
- All documents are up to date and compliant with SMSF legislation
- No charge for death benefit nomination or agreements if completed on set up
- Option to simultaneously purchase Cleardocs SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package at a discounted price
- Integration with Macquarie Cash Management Account service - streamlining the CMA application process
- The Deed is customised to reflect whether the SMSF has an individual or corporate trustee
- Used and reviewed by thousands of professional advisors
- Extensive online help and local phone support