SMSF Deed: version history
The Cleardocs SMSF Trust Deed, and all other Cleardocs documents, are regularly maintained to ensure they reflect the law in force at the time. This means that if the law changes, the Cleardocs Deed is reviewed and updated where appropriate.
Each time the Deed is updated, Cleardocs generally allocates it a new version number.
To use some Cleardocs products, you need to have a Cleardocs Deed of a particular version or later, for example:
- to create a new Death Benefit Agreement, the fund needs to have a Cleardocs Deed that was created or updated on or after 4 May 2009.
- to arrange a Cleardocs limited recourse borrowing document package, the SMSF must have the version of the Cleardocs Deed that applied on and from 9 July 2010 (version 11 or later).
Which version of the Cleardocs deed does my SMSF have?
If the fund currently has a Cleardocs Deed, you can check which version it has by:
- logging in at Cleardocs,
- clicking the blue "MySMSFs" tab,
- finding the relevant SMSF in the list, and
- viewing the light blue "Version X of Y" button beside it.
In the example below, the Test fund has a Cleardocs Deed which is version 13. The latest version of the Deed is version 14.
What is the difference between the versions of the Deed?
When you click on the "Version X of Y" button, you can view:
- the date that each version of the Cleardocs Deed was released.
- the changes incorporated in each version of the Deed.
These details are summarised in the below table:
|Version||Date of release||Changes included|
|17||23 February 2017||
|16||1 July 2016||
|15||1 July 2015||
|14||1 July 2014||
|13||10 September 2012||
|12||29 June 2012||
|11||9 July 2010||
|10||26 November 2009||
|9||4 May 2009||
|8||31 January 2008||
|7||21 September 2007||
|6||23 April 2007||
|5||18 October 2006||
|4||18 April 2006||
|3||11 November 2005||
If you have any questions about your SMSF Trust Deed or how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpdesk on 1300 307 343.