SMSF Investment Strategy
(inc. GST) per order
(inc. GST) for 12 months use of the Package
Use Cleardocs to create an investment strategy for your SMSF. This will assist the SMSF trustee(s) to comply with their investment strategy obligations under superannuation law.
Time taken to complete 5 minutes.
Cost $ 71.50 (inc GST) per order
$715.00 (inc. GST) unlimited 12 month subscription
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What documents are included in the Cleardocs SMSF Investment Strategy package?
The package includes:
- a comprehensive SMSF Investment Strategy — tailored to the SMSF's circumstances;
- a Derivative Risk Statement, if relevant;
- letter from the SMSF's trustee(s) to the SMSF's member(s) enclosing the investment strategy;
- initial Minutes or Resolutions of the SMSF's trustee(s) adopting the investment strategy;
- annual Minutes or Resolutions of the SMSF's trustee(s) confirming a review of the investment strategy; and
- an Establishment Kit explaining what to do next.
What information do you need to create an SMSF Investment Strategy through Cleardocs?
The information you require to order this document package is set out in the Cleardocs SMSF Investment Strategy checklist.
Why have an SMSF investment strategy?
Superannuation law requires all SMSFs to have an investment strategy (or strategies). The investment strategy acts as a framework for the SMSF trustee(s) when making investment decisions on behalf of the SMSF, with the goal of increasing members' benefits for retirement.
During the life of the SMSF fund the needs of the members change. The Investment strategy needs to take into account:
- The risks associated with SMSF investments
- The composition of the investments
- The liquidity of the assets; and
- The ability of the fund to discharge its obligations.
The SMSF does not require a Cleardocs deed
An SMSF does not require a Cleardocs SMSF Trust Deed to obtain an SMSF Investment Strategy through Cleardocs.
Where there is more than one trustee or director of a corporate trustee, do all trustees or directors need to be available to sign the documents?
Yes, the Cleardocs interface and document package assumes that all trustees or directors of a corporate trustee, have consented to the investment strategy and are available to sign the documents included in the package. The Cleardocs document package only allows for this scenario.
Seek financial advice
The SMSF Investment Strategy information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as financial product advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- Assists trustees to comply with superannuation obligations
- Pricing options - pay per use or annual subscription
- The Fund does not require a Cleardocs deed to use this document package
- Pre-population of Fund information from previous Cleardocs orders
- Copy function for address details
- Easy to use question interface
- Extensive online help and local phone support