SMSF Minutes & Resolutions Package
12 months use of the Package for each SMSF
Use Cleardocs to create a range of Minutes and Resolutions for administration of a Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF).
These Minutes and Resolutions deal with many of the most important matters involved in running an SMSF — such as:
The annual fee does not allow you to use this Package for more than 1 SMSF
Time taken to complete 10 minutes.
Cost $ 66.00 (inc GST) 12 months use of the Package for the SMSF which the Minute or Resolution relates to.
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What SMSF Minutes and Resolutions are available through Cleardocs?
Cleardocs comprehensive package includes the following SMSF Minutes and Resolutions:
- establishment of the SMSF;
- amendment of the SMSF's deed (in support of a deed of variation);
- change of SMSF's name (by resolution, or in support of a deed of variation);
- change to the SMSF's business location address, postal address or email address;
- adopt an investment strategy;
- add a member;
- insure the members;
- open a bank account;
- appoint an administrator (to assist with administrative and compliance functions);
- appoint an accountant;
- appoint an auditor;
- approve financial statements;
- create SMSF reserves including contributions reserves; and
- winding up of SMSF.
Together with each Minute, you will receive:
- associated documents to assist with completion of the transaction or event relevant to the Minute or Resolution; and
- an Establishment Kit explaining what to do next.
What information do you need to order an SMSF Minute or Resolution through Cleardocs?
To create an SMSF Minute or Resolution, you complete the Cleardocs question interface with:
- the type of Minute or Resolution you wish to create;
- the name of the SMSF;
- the name and address of any corporate trustee of the SMSF;
- for a Minute: details of the meeting — date, time, place, attendees, name of chair;
- for a Resolution: the date the resolution will be circulated; and
- details of the transaction or event to which the Minute or Resolution relates.
Minute or Resolution?
Trustees of SMSFs can make decisions:
- where there are individual trustees — at meetings;
- where there is a corporate trustees with more than 1 director — at meetings of directors, or by all of the directors signing a set of resolutions; or
- where there is a corporate trustees with 1 director — by the sole director signing a set of resolutions.
The SMSF Minutes and Resolutions Package lets you choose the option which is most suitable for your particular SMSF.
Cleardocs deed not required for Cleardocs SMSF Minutes
To use the Cleardocs SMSF Minutes and Resolutions Package, a Fund does not require a Cleardocs deed.
If the SMSF does not have a Cleardocs deed in place, you should review the deed to ensure the Minute or Resolution is consistent with the procedures set out for the particular transaction or event. If you are unsure, you should obtain your own legal, financial and accounting advice - we cannot give you that advice.
Notifications to the Australian Taxation Office
Under the law, an SMSF is required to notify the ATO of certain changes to its details (for example, a change in the members of the Fund). The Fund must make the necessary notifications to the ATO separate from creation of its Cleardocs SMSF Minute or Resolution. The Fund should obtain its own advice about the ATO's requirements.
Seek legal advice
The SMSF Minutes and Resolutions Package information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always obtain your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- The SMSF does not require an underlying Cleardocs SMSF trust deed
- Pre-population of SMSF details from earlier Cleardocs orders - saving you typing
- Covers a wide range of SMSF transactions or events
- Minutes and Resolutions stored online for future access.
- Extensive online help and local phone support
- Easy to use question interface