Change to Sole Director Company
Use Cleardocs to create a new constitution reflecting a change to your existing company from a multiple director to a sole director structure.
If you established your company before 1995 your constitution may require 2 or more directors. The Cleardocs Change to Sole Director Company updates the constitution to reflect the current law.
Once you complete the question interface, you will immediately receive a link to download your documents.
Time taken to complete 5-10 minutes.
Cost$ 49.50 (inc GST).
Printing Optional printing, binding and delivery for $ 55.00
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What documents are included in the Sole Director company package?
You will receive the following documents:
- your new company Constitution;
- Minutes of Meeting of Directors;
- Consent to Short Notice of General Meeting;
- Notice of Meeting ;
- Minutes of General Meeting of Members;
- Resignations as Director (and Secretary if required);
- Consent to Act as Secretary (if required); and
- Share Transfer forms (if required).
What information do you need to order a Change to Sole Director Company through Cleardocs?
Our checklist outlines all the information you require.
Why change a company to a sole director structure?
In 1995 the Corporations Act was changed to allow single member and director companies to operate - potentially simplifying administration and liability.
To operate under this change the company will need to adopt a new constitution. For some clients, changing to a sole director structure may also improve their right to receive government benefits.
Notifying ASIC of the changes
After you receive your Cleardocs package, you need to record the change to directors, and any change in shares holdings by making changes on the ASIC register online. You will need to firstly register for online services with ASIC using the company's corporate key, then log in to ASIC via https://asic.gov.au/for-business/changes-to-your-company/.
Seek legal advice
The Change to Sole Director Company information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- You receive an updated constitution reflecting the new, simplified company structure and current law
- Access to a range of company resources including legal bulletins and client letters
- Easy to use question interface
- Extensive online help and local phone support