SMSF set up + register Corporate Trustee
Cleardocs allows you through a single question interface, to simultaneously:
- set up your SMSF; and
- set up and register the company that will be the corporate trustee of your SMSF.
We register your company with ASIC online and provide you with all the documents you need to set up your Australian company and your SMSF. You make a single payment and you can request a single printing order. Cleardocs can also arrange your fund's ABN, TFN and GST registrations.
If you are setting up your SMSF with a corporate trustee, you may wish to consider the SMSF Trustee bundle, a comprehensive and seamless workflow solution for your SMSF set up. This includes the fund's investment strategy, ATO registrations and more.
Time taken to complete 25 minutes.
Cost $ 754.00 (inc GST) — ($ 275.00 Cleardocs fee inc. GST and $ 479.00 ASIC fee)
Printing Optional printing, binding and delivery for $ 82.50
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
As a special offer to all customers purchasing their SMSF set up + register Corporate Trustee through Cleardocs:
You will receive 2 free Power of Attorney documents for the fund. Choices are:
- Enduring Power of Attorney (Personal and/or Financial) VIC; or
- Power of Attorney (Financial) NSW
- New users can register and redeem offer here.
- Existing customers can call 1300 307 343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the promotion to be applied to their account.
What documents are included in the Cleardocs package?
Your document package includes a full set of documents for your SMSF set up and Company Registration:Superannuation Trust (SMSF)
- the SMSF Trust Deed — the Deed is customised to reflect the SMSF has a corporate trustee;
- a Product Disclosure Statement summarising the features of the SMSF;
- Consents for the directors of the corporate Trustee;
- Minutes to set up the SMSF and set its investment strategy;
- Applications, beneficiary notices and TFN notices for the SMSF members;
- ATO trustee declaration form;
- Written confirmation of ABN registration (optional extra) received direct from the Australian Business Register; and
- an Establishment Kit explaining what to do next.
- Certificate of Registration — which shows the ACN (Australian Company Number), the date of registration, and the registered company name;
- the company's Constitution — the Constitution is customised to reflect that the company is the trustee of a superannuation fund;
- Consent to act as Director;
- Consent to act as Secretary;
- Application for shares;
- Minutes of a meeting of directors;
- Share Certificates;
- Consent to act as Public Officer;
- Notice of appointment of Public Officer; and
- an Establishment Kit explaining what to do next.
What information do you need to set up your SMSF + register Corporate Trustee?
You can download checklists associated with the Cleardocs documents:
A Cleardocs first — 2 products, 1 interface
This is the first Cleardocs document package that combines 2 existing Cleardocs products into one solution. The benefits you will experience include:
- a streamlined solution;
- you will receive a full set of documents from 2 products;
- online registration of the corporate trustee with ASIC;
- a single question interface — saving you time and typing;
- 1 payment for the Cleardocs fee; and
- a single printing order.
Company may ONLY be the trustee of a superannuation fund
This product will register a company which is set up only to be the trustee of a superannuation fund — it is not allowed to do anything else. If you wish for the company to be able to do other things, you should use the Company Registration document package.
General Information for your Superannuation Trust (SMSF)
You can read about setting up an SMSF Trust through Cleardocs on the Superannuation Trust (SMSF) product page.
General Information for your Company Registration
You can read about registering a proprietary limited company through Cleardocs on the Company Registration product page.
Apply for a Cash Management Account
When using Cleardocs to set up an SMSF on behalf of your client, you can start an application for a cash management account (CMA) with Macquarie Bank or NAB.To start an application, you order a Superannuation Trust (SMSF) document package and then on the interface, answer "Yes" to the question: "Do you want to start an application for a cash management account (CMA)?"
The Cleardocs system then:
- uses the information you entered on the interface to partially complete your client's CMA application; and
- submits the application to Macquarie electronically (if relevant); or
- provides you with instructions on how to lodge your NAB application (if relevant).
The relevant bank will then contact you directly about your application.
Seek legal advice
The SMSF set up + register Corporate Trustee information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- One interface to create an SMSF and set up the corporate trustee
- Option to simultaneously purchase Cleardocs SMSF Minutes & Resolutions and Company Minutes & Resolutions package at a discounted price
- a single question interface — saving you time and typing
- 1 payment for the Cleardocs fee and single printing order
- Access to our ASIC electronic lodgement portal 24/7 for company registration
- Full set of tailored company and SMSF set up documents
- Simple process for your fund's ABN, TFN & GST applications
- Integration with Macquarie Cash Management Account service - streamlining the CMA application process
- Copy function for address details
- Comprehensive and widely accepted SMSF trust deed