Company Name Reservation
($ 27.50 Cleardocs fee inc. GST and $ 50.00 ASIC fee)
Reserve your company name with ASIC electronically through Cleardocs. You can reserve a name for a proprietary limited company or a public company limited by guarantee.
Time taken to complete 5 minutes.
Cost $ 77.50(inc GST) — Cleardocs fee $ 27.50 and the ASIC fee $ 50.00.
Legal Sign-offThe master documents are written in plain language and are signed-off by our lawyers at Maddocks.
What is involved in the Cleardocs Company Name Reservation process?
Complete the question interface, pay the Cleardocs and ASIC fee and Cleardocs immediately sends the application to ASIC to reserve the company name.
Once the company name is reserved:
- you can log into Cleardocs and see the ASIC letter showing the company name is reserved — you can print the letter if you want to; and
- you can search the name on ASIC's website www.asic.gov.au and see that the company name is reserved.
How long is the company name reserved for?
The company name is reserved for 2 months.
Can I extend the name reservation?
You can extend the company name reservation for a further 2 months provided you have a good reason. ASIC allows 2 extensions if there are exceptional circumstances.
You must lodge an application for extension before the current period of reservation expires.
To extend the name reservation through Cleardocs, you go through exactly the same process as when you first reserved the name. Each extension costs the same amount as the reservation, that is, $77.50 including ASIC fees and GST.
How do I register the company once I have reserved a name?
Reserving the company name does not register the company. You can register the company online through Cleardocs:
Seek legal advice
The Company Name Reservation information here should be considered general in nature, and in no way interpreted as legal advice. You must always seek your own independent legal, accounting and financial advice about your particular situation. The summary on this page is for information purposes only.
Questions or further information
If you have questions:
- about how to use Cleardocs, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343.
- about legal issues, contact the Cleardocs helpline on 1300 307 343. If you need advice, we will arrange for you to speak with a lawyer at Maddocks. The firm provides a free legal helpline in relation to the documents Cleardocs provides. If you require other legal advice in relation to your particular circumstances, then this will be charged for.
- Instant online name reservation — Cleardocs is an ASIC registered agent
- Extensive online help and local phone support
- Easy to use question interface
- Go on to register your company through Cleardocs